Sunday, August 14, 2011

Marc White says Proper Booty Posture Will Help You Develop a More Consistent Swing

Marc White Golf Training

This picture is not from this lesson.
Well the headline is misleading. Marc never said the word booty but lord knows I found out I had one after an hour session with him at Oakhurst. Marc has been teaching the golf swing for nearly thirty years and like any good teaching professional he works with what a golfer brings to the table and the more fit and flexible you are, the more he can do. For me, this meant that my hunched down approach where my back is over the ball from the lower to the upper spine like the letter 'C' is now much more straight as I really am working to make sure my booty is straight standing over the golf ball and pushed back. This is a concept that I have never really approached before and was very awkward and created some inconsistency as I was trying to keep in this stance from addressing the ball until my follow through. I hit the ball fairly well at times with Marc watching me carefully. For me, I have been working on a few other things but with this change, my follow through and so forth are on the back burner. Marc also made sure that the butt end of my club is just below my belly button. Another pupil of Marc's had just finished a member tournament and boy was this gentleman smoky smooth. Virtually no effort was made to turn on the golf ball. If you notice, most PGA pros do not swing out of their shoes but everything is working in unison for maximum leverage and balance in the golf swing. You can contact Marc for lessons at and his instruction schedule and testimonials and videos are all online.  http://www.marcwhitegolf.com/

Marc White Coaches Notre Dame Prep and Teaches Golf at Oakhurst Country Club in Clarkston and gives lessons. Call him to set an appointment today. His Facebook Page is Below. He is TPI Certified. He also builds custom made clubs after analyzing your swing. TPI Certified

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marc-White-Golf-Training/203715742972070

No comments:

Post a Comment