Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bob Krause Lesson #3 and Golf Course Reviews

I have not seen Bob for a few weeks but we got down to business this past week.



     I have always used a checklist before approaching my golf shots to make sure I increased my odds of hitting a good golf shot but left my checklist at the door for this lesson. Big mistake. Bob reminded me that a checklist is needed and should be followed. I so far have looked at the following.
 
1. Keep weight on the balls of my feet and do not favor one leg. Make sure the butt-end of the club is facing my belly in the back swing until I cock my wrist.
 
We enter today's lesson and we worked a sequence of activities that were easy to combine but do take practice to master. 
First,  
  • Place a bit of pressure on the inside of the right knee to keep you from swaying. I am a drifter and in the past I have to maximize power have not let my right knee sway and as I turn my shoulder, I build torque here. He confirmed this to me but I am achieving it differently and here is how. I am not favoring the right side of my body. I use the balanced footwork starting out and let the club do the work but now keep the pressure on the left side of my right foot. Try it.
  • Second, Bob says "toe your left foot out 20 degrees to create more mobility in your hips on the downswing." This is strange for me and I have to admit I felt like a really bad senior golfer that can score because he has practiced mediocrity for so long but after swinging the club a handful of times, I was able to clear my hips and was much more successful. Hey, you have to practice so I will give this a try.
  • Third, Bob says, "After sticking your butt out shift your weight towards the ball until your weight is under the shoe laces." Remember the balanced stance I talked about earlier? Remember, do not crowd the golf ball. Do tilt your butt out but push your weight back over the shoe lace portion of your shoes. That is easy. Try it.

-Finally, always look at the back of the ball. That is self-explanatory and remember, keep your head down. Say that three times and while you will not be in Kansas, you might hit it half way there.
 
 
 
Bob Krause of...
Bob Krause Golf
White Lake, MI. 48383
Office:  (941) 773-1339
 
Finally, the following courses will be reviewed over the next few weekends.
 
The Orchards in Washington Twp.
Sylvan Glenn in Troy
Fieldstone in Auburn Hills
Lincoln Hills and its sister course in Birmingham
 
Next time we will have a straw poll by high school coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment