Monday, May 16, 2011

April Showers... bring more May showers.

"This is the worst weather I can ever remember having in our many years of being in business for spring weather," said one local golf course owner. He continued, "Today it is Mother's Day and this is traditionally the lowest played weekends of the season and the weather is beautiful." Other than that, we are way down in the number of rounds being played this season and we cannot make it up. The weather has been awful," he said.

What in the name of the patron sakes of golf is going on here? Did somene upset the ghost of Sarazen, Hogan or Bobby Jones and they are looking to take away our summer golf season? Someone, pay your course dues or return to pay the drink you forgot to have rung up or at least go back and pay your waitresses a fair tip because its time to golf.

The weather has been poor this spring and another weekend went by with it being cold and clammy and felt like the after party following Noah's Ark biblical experience. I never thought that the round I played at Bald Mountain at 7am Saturday would be the weather hilight of the weekend and the rain was not much fun during that round although the course was fun and did not bother me too much as I had a cart.

Yesterday, I was really proud of the customer service at Sylvan Glenn Golf Course in Troy. I was about to make my way over there and I got a call from them telling me they had standing water on the greens and the course was closed. I quickly rescheduled my tee time and in addition to rescheduling at the Orchards in Washington Township next weekend for my other round this week I can hardly wait to play. It is supposed to be nasty again this week and it is cold and clammy today with a heavy chance of precipitation and cold damp weather. The exception is Friday and Saturday and then we go back to hiking up our trousers due to more of the wet stuff.

For a full report of this weekends weather according to the Weather Channel, check out what the forecasters say is on our way for the mitten state. So check out the link below and make a tee time. You will make a local course owner happy. I prefer that you make your tee time after my 12 pm both days as I do not want to play a 5-6 hour round following you.
http://www.weather.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment