Sunday, July 7, 2013

Rick Smith Academies Pat Gorman talks about the Pitch and Run drill


Lesson 2

    The Pitch and Run from 50-80 yards gives some golfers the willies and because you can do it by putting the ball in the air, negotiating a grass or sand bunker or running it along the ground. Pat Gorman gives a video tip that has given me another valuable tool in playing this shot. While I will briefly set the video up, to deaden the weight shift from the left to the right, Pat has me doing the flamingo with my right big toe and putting the weight on my left foot. I do take better than a half a swing with a wrist cock in the back swing and chop at the ball and following through. You will take a divot at and past the ball and the ball. See the one minute video and better yet, check out the links below and you can book Pat for a lesson.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zBlWr9lqys

Lesson 1

For a long time I was very good at chipping. The last few years has been a disaster for me. For me this has been a cause of golf stress. For PGA Professional Pat Gorman of the Rick Smith Golf Academy, he has helped me out with a couple of drills. In the video, he will choke down on the club for demonstration purposes only (watch the drill on video) and watch how to get it close to the pin with practice virtually every time. http://youtu.be/F7bhZQOuDb8
        
          
       
 To book Pat for a lesson at the academy where PGA pro's are in sync with Rick Smith, one of the great teachers of golf in the world, click the logo to the left and they will work with you. 248-770-6017

Also, Pat's videos are archived at www.michigangolfscene.co
Go to the instruction page and Pat is there to serve you!

No comments:

Post a Comment