Monday, April 18, 2011

Kevin Na Turns Sweet 16 and local golf Discounts

“My hand's numb.” – Kevin Na, after taking quite a few shots amongst rocks and stuff en route to his 16 on the par-4 ninth Thursday in San Antonio.









It is hard to believe that Kevin Na wrote a 16 on his scorecard at the Texas Open over the weekend. The ninth hole will leave him turning and tossing in his sleep in the upcoming months as he recorded the worst par four golf score for one hole in PGA Tour history. Na This occurred after playing an unplayable lie from a tee, a two stroke penalty off a tree struck him and five more shots to get out of the woods. Na thought he escaped a hole with a respectable 15 but after looking at video in the scorers tent realized that a sweet sixteen should needed to be put on his scorecard. Na does not have the highest one hole golf score in PGA history. The one and only dutch boy himself John Dale shot an 18 on the par-5 sixth hole at Bay Hill in 1998. Some say Daly still doesn't realize he shot an 18 or remembers anything from the late-1990's to this day. The incomparable Ray Ainsley took 19 shots on the par 4 16th hole at Cherry Hills in the 1938 U.S. Open. I guess I can start marking snowmen on my score card instead of the two double eagles I shot last weekend. Ouch.

We all need to be inspired and no doubt need to get to our potential. We all struggle with playing our best every day. Somedays we play well and other days we look like we haven't picked up the clubs for a long time. In the case consider this quote from Alvaro Quiros.
"If I play at 100 percent of my potential for the rest of my life and I'm only 50th or 100th in the world. That's OK, because I did my best. But if I play at 80 percent of my ability for the rest of my life and I reach 20th in the world, that's a problem. Because I would have a debt to myself."
I do not think my words can shed any light on Quiros statement but I would say never tank a hole because that could be the hole that gives you the best stretch of golf you play in 2011 and for many rounds beyond that.
Have you been innudated with golf offers. I have. I love getting the offers and many courses like sending them. I received a half off Groupon offer on Sunday for the Metroparks coursesand the one below is for Metamora Golf Club. This offer comes from a Groupon knock off.
We want to make sure your check out today’s special Half OFF deal on CBSDetroit.com for the Metamora Golf and Country Club!
You can get two rounds of 18 holes of golf with cart for just $45--- a $90 value!!
Founded in 1990, Metamora Golf and Country Club is a 177-acre facility, home to an 18 hole championship golf course, complete practice facilities, full service clubhouse, and pool. In other words, Metamora is a semi-private club offering a wide variety of services for the golfer and non-golfer alike. 
Visit Now to start saving and take advantage of this awesome deal!

We will have a preview of some county golf courses and what if Jim Leyland was a caddy and managed his golfers like he manages his pitching staff. Plenty to talk about as for equipment, golf outings and so forth. Let me know what you want to talk about and it shall be done.

Roy J. (Joe) Akers

No comments:

Post a Comment