Monday, April 25, 2011

Golf Poupourri

My tour of Metro Detroit area golf courses continues at Oxford Hills GC in where else... Oxford Hills, Michigan. I have never played this course and I will be more than happy to give you the best golf holes at this course and opinions on what could be better.  I must be dedicated because I will do it in possibly the pouring down rain. (While it did not pour, the fog was heavy for most of the round.  Is there a course locally that you would like previewed? Let me know and we will try to play it ASAP. This offer is for public courses in the area.

     Paula Creamer from the LPGA will be visiting Carl's Golfland on Monday, May 9th and we will be there. Depending on her schedule, we would like to ask her a question or two and would like to do a story on her recommendations for junior players.

     I do not think there is much geekier than talking to others about your fantasy sports team. So what do you consider someone that has a fantasy sports golf team? I don't know but I have my first time in a number of years. To add to the geek factor, I am in the top 85% of all players from the golf world and consider myself more than lucky and perhaps a little bit good. I am a person that believes someone that is successful a few times at a course ( Tiger Woods at Riviera for instance) whether racing (I have a racing team too) or golf, a golfers track record at a course should tell you whether they will be successful. Luckily, I had Luke Donald as my 'A' golfer at the Heritage last week. He nearly pulled off a wire to wire win. He led the first three rounds before being tied down the stretch on Sunday. Brandt Snedeker closed with a surprising 7-under 64. The 33-year-old Donald could have jumped up from No. 3, surpassing previously top-ranked Martin Kaymer and fellow Englishman and Ryder Cup partner, Lee Westwood, at No. 2. Instead, Westwood takes over the top spot after winning the Indonesian Masters earlier Sunday.    
 Prep golf coaches and players, I would love to give your players and teams some video coverage this spring and do a video story on a match or a feature story on your team or an individual player or prep golf issue, I’m would love to help. The stories will appear in the MiPrepZone part of the online newspaper and in this blog. Nothing would please me more than to arrange this ahead of time. You can call me Roy J. (Joe) Akers direct at 248-238-4449. I want to hear your story ideas and if you would like coverage of a match, contact me and we can arrange some coverage.

Until next Time,

Roy J. (Joe) Akers

No comments:

Post a Comment